Every year AFDA hosts its Experimental Film Festival – a festival which essentially gives students an opportunity to discover and to experience the response of a paying audience.
This year sees the return of the music students performing to live audiences as well as the television students broadcasting on campus (JHB) and on Cape Community TV.
The development of the AFDA online festival continues with the innovation of the AFDA ‘Showcase app’.
- The showcase app will be made available for FREE to all registered students from 08:00 16th June – 20th June.
- From 21st June, the Showcase App will be available at the cost of R7.99
- The Showcase App will include a trailer and behind the scenes for each film selected for the AFDA Showcase App.
- The app will be automatically uploaded with a trailer and behind the scenes of the end of the year annual Film, TV & Music festival.
- All monies received from the sale of the Showcase App will be used to continue developing & innovating online video on demand formats and for the annual production fund to produce AFDA films, TV content and stage musical performances.
- The purpose of the Showcase App is to ensure that AFDA students create entertainment products that consciously identify, reach and exploit local and global niche markets in a relevant and meaningful manner.
- The various statistics and data produced off the AFDA Showcase App is key to the process of measuring the market appeal of the entertainment products generated by AFDA students.